The past week had been a hard one. The cryptocurrency market crashed to lows never seen before. The bull run of 2021 came to an end as the market crashed and gains achieved during the beginning of the year were nearly reversed. The market crash also provides a good buying opportunity so our today’s guide will help you navigate in these hard times in the market.
Highlights of the week
The cryptocurrency sphere has been in a whirlwind and the market has been overloaded by news from every corner of the world. Here are some of the major developments that too place in the week:
- At the time of press, Bitcoin stands at a price level of $38,353 – up by 7% in the past twenty-four hours – while Ethereum stands at $2,576, increasing by nearly 20% since the past day
- Most top-ranked cryptocurrencies have begun showing bullish moves which may mark the end of the brutal market crash
- Data from Santiment.com reveals a spike in the interest in cryptocurrencies. The social volume of Bitcoin has exceeded the record-high of 2017
- The high traffic on cryptocurrency exchanges have led to outages and downtime on even major exchanges like Binance and Coinbase – leading to questions on the readiness of exchanges for the huge industry that cryptocurrencies are expected to become
- Iran, amidst sanctions and embargoes, have resorted to regulated Bitcoin mining to keep its economy floating. The country may be receiving as much as $1 billion in revenues from mining – accounting for 4.5% of total Bitcoin operations. Chinese investors may be behind Iran’s mining industry
- The financial committee in China has announced a crackdown on Bitcoin mining in the country – further worsening the market crash
- Only recently after the trial date of three former executive of BitMEX was announced, the exchange revealed its plans of going green. BitMEX will be donating $0.0026 for every $1 received in order to offset its carbon footprint
- Australia is very supportive of cryptocurrencies and the stance has been criticized by many. Australian senator Andrew Bragg is chairing a senate inquiry into cryptocurrencies and has stressed on the regulation and monitoring of the crypto sphere
- In the SEC v. Ripple Labs lawsuit, the judge granted permission to SEC to continue its foreign discovery. The SEC has issued 11 requests for cooperation to foreign regulators, which, Ripple Labs claims has been intimidating foreign stakeholders
- The office of the Comptroller of Currency has revealed cooperation with the United States Federal Reserve for an intra-agency regulatory body solely focused on cryptocurrencies
- JPMorgan analysts revealed that institutional investors are dumping Bitcoin and opting back for gold
Top Weekly Gainers
The market crash has led to the rise of some unusual players. Usually, the market is dominated by coins that are expected to be there but don’t be surprised if you see coins that are unheard of. Here are three of the top gainers of the week to watch out for:
GlitzKoiz (GTZ) has around 133% gains in the past week, despite the market crashing badly. The cryptocurrency also established its 7-day high at $0.22. At the time of press, GTZ coin is trading hands at $0.17 apiece. The cryptocurrency has fallen by 15% since yesterday while the daily trading volume has gone up by 64%. GlitzKoin aims to leverage the blockchain technology to increase security for stakeholders in the diamond industry. The platform offers a supply chain solution, tracking and certification and a decentralized exchange, DiaEx, for diamonds.
Ally (ALY) is another top performer of the week with a positive change of 44.9% achieved in the week. The 7-day high of the cryptocurrency is at $0.0425. At the time of writing, Ally stands at a price level of $0.016. The price had been on a downtrend in the past twenty-four hours while the trading volume has increased by 41%. Ally is a decentralized cryptocurrency and communication ecosystem leveraging the blockchain technology. It is based on the blockchain of Ethereum.
Gulden (NLG) is the final winner for the week. Gulden has increased 37.9% in the past week. The cryptocurrency established its 52-week high at $0.083 in the week. At the time of publication, Gulden stands at a price of $0.035. The price has declined by 8% since yesterday while the trading volume has gone down by 6%. Gulden is based on the Proof of Work 2.0 mechanism and aims to become the mode of payment.
Top Weekly Losers
Because of the brutal market crash, the list of worst performing coins can be very extensive. However, to keep it short, we will only focus on the top five.
Terra (LUNA) is the worst performing cryptocurrency of the week with a weekly loss of 60%. Terra coin fell from $15 to nearly $5. The worst performer may not stay in this list for long as the cryptocurrency is showing signs of a reversal. Terra has gone up by 17% in the past twenty-four hours while the trading volume has increased by 50%. The mainnet of Terra was launched only recently in 2019 and it offers stablecoins pegged to different currencies.
OKB (OKB) takes second place on our list as the cryptocurrency has gone down by 52% in the weekly timeframe. OKB fell from $34 to $12. At the time of writing, the cryptocurrency stands at a price level of $14. The price has increased by 12% since the past day while the daily trading volume has declined by the same number.
BakeryToken (BAKE) is another top loser of the week. BAKE has had losses of around 51% in the past week. The cryptocurrency fell to a weekly low of $1.88. At the time of writing, BakeryToken is standing at a price level of $3.42. As the market recovers, BakeryToken has increased by 36% in the daily timeframe. The daily trading volume has also increased by more than 50%.
Celo (CELO) is another worse performing coin of the week. The cryptocurrency has fallen by 49% in the past week. Celo established a 90-day low of $2.20 amidst the crash. At the time of writing, Celo stands at a price level of $3.05 – with the price increased by 17%. Celo’s blockchain ecosystem is focused on the adoption of blockchain technology for smartphone users.
Avalanche (AVAX) is the final loser of the week. Avalanche suffered from 48% losses in the past week. The cryptocurrency fell towards a 90-day low of $12.15. Having somewhat recovered since, the coin is operating at a price level of $18 at the time of writing. The price has increased by 15% in the past twenty-four hours while the daily trading volume has increased only slightly.
All-time High Coins
Given the dire conditions of the market, not many cryptocurrencies were expected to establish all-time highs. However, there were some oddballs that were able to establish an all-time high despite the market crash.
PRCY Coin (PRCY) established its all-time high at $0.59 in the past twenty-four hours. At the time of writing, the cryptocurrency stands at $0.41. The price has declined by 12% since the past day while the daily trading volume has increased by the same number. PRCY is a privacy blockhain that ensures complete anonymity and security. It is a complete anonymous staking coin and payment system.
Simba Storage Token (SST) established a new all-time high at $2.33 during the day. The cryptocurrency has since fallen to $1.08. In the past twenty-four hours, the price of SST coin has climbed up by 22% while the trading volume has declined by more than 50%. The project is headquartered in Switzerland and claims to be the first stablecoin completely backed by Bitcoin Satoshi.
Publish (NEWS) is another crypto that climbed towards a new all-time high despite the bearish market. The coin established its ATH at $0.055 five days ago. At the time of press, NEWS token stands at $0.049. The price has seen a positive change of 45% in the past twenty-four hours. The project is a blockchain solution provider for media businesses.
Amaten (AMA) established a new record high at $0.90 four days ago. The price has fallen since, operating now at $0.49. The price has; however, increased by 90% in the past day with a declining trading volume. Amaten is designing the world’s first decentralized gift card system.
HBTC Captain Token (HBC) is another top performer with a new all-time high at $33.90 established five days ago. HBC token stands at a price level of $23 at the time of press. The price is moving upwards in the daily timeframe. HBC is the native token of BHEX Chain.
Hot ICOs to Watch Out For
Here are some of the projects in their ICO phase that may have the potential to morph into something big:
Cere Network (CERE) is a project from Polkadot and Cosmos. Cere Network has the same mission of increasing cross-chain interoperability for a more efficient ecosystem. Primarily being a customer relation management blockchain, Cere Network provides services like data integration and collaboration. The ICO has a fundraising goal of $500,000 and will end on May 26th.
Whole Earth Coin (WEC) is based on Ethereum’s blockchain and the token is used as a reward for contribution to WEA database regarding ageing infrastructure. The ICO will end on May 27th with the fundraising aim of $500,000.
CROP Finance is a yield farming platform which also duals as a yield aggregator. The aim is to make yield farming user friendly. The project has a fundraising goal of $100,000 with each token priced at $0.04.
Dot Finance (PINK) is a DeFi platform designed to incentivize the Polkadot ecosystem. The network provides various financial instruments. The ongoing project has a good following with 825,000 PINK tokens for sale. The fundraising goal is $100,000 with each token priced at $0.0825.
B-cube.ai is another sought0fater ICO project. The vision of the project is to become the premium marketplace of crypto trading bots. B-cube.ai has aimed to raise $3,750,000. The project has managed to raise $1,500,000 as of yet. The ICO will end on June 27th.
With the crypto sphere being flooded with new projects every day, we have compiled a short list of a few ICOs worth taking notice of.
Centrifuge (CFG) is a decentralized asset financing protocol. The project aims to serve as a bridge between real-world assets and decentralized finance. This bridging will result in cost reduction for enterprises. The project’s ICO will be held of May 27th with the goal to raise $2,422,500 through the sale of 6,375,000 tokens priced at $0.38.
Stratos (STOS) is a decentralized data mesh. The vision of Stratos is to bring scalability and reliability to the blockchain technology while keeping the benefits of the decentralized technology intact. The ICO will begin on May 28th with a fundraising goal of $300,000 by selling 1,000,000 tokens each priced at $0.3.
NFTb is a NFT marketplace based on Binance Smart Chain. The marketplace is designed for uber-fast speed and affordability. The project is also aiming towards multi-chain capabilities. The fundraising goal has yet to be announced while the ICO price is $0.006. The ICO is set to launch on June 2nd.
CoinWind ICO is planned for May 26th. The fundraising goal of the project is to raise $1,500,000 through the sale of $3,000,000 tokens each at $0.50. The project is a DeFi smart mining platform. The platform automatically matches pledged tokens to pairs, effectively solving many problems.
Demodyfi’s ICO has put up 2,400,000 tokens for sale at a price of $0.25 – making the fundraising goal at $600,000. The protocol is designed to facilitate the interoperability of different parachains which will increase the efficiency of Polkadot and the likes.
Here is a list of some of the good projects whose ICOs have ended:
- NFTMart: With the aim to become the world’s most professional NFT marketplace, the project raised $75,000. The ICO ended on May 24th
- Spherium offers a complete set of financial services. The project’s ICO ended on May 24th, raising 3,650,000
- Solanium is designed to be an all-in-one solution for Solana. The ICO ended on May 22nd and raised $1,000,000
- CryptoTycoon is a monopoly game based on Binance Smart Chain. The ICO raised $150,000
- DAOSquare is a blockchain service cited as the most influential DAO in the East. The project raised $800,000
Get your hands on some of the hottest airdrops currently going on
- Visit the Octopus Protocol giveaway page
- Sign up with your details
- You will be redirected to the steps that are needed to be completed
- The steps will earn users entries
- 250 winners will be selected at random to win 10,000 xOPS each
- Users will be able to swap the xOPS tokens to OPS once it gets listed
- Visit the ENEDEX giveaway page
- Sign up with your details
- The giveaway page will have social tasks mentioned which earns entries
- Each user gets a maximum of seven entries
- One participant will be selected at random on June 28th who will win the green energy Elon Musk animated NFT
- Visit the GuessIt airdrop page
- Join the Telegram group and Telegram channel
- Follow the Twitter page and retweet this tweet
- Submit details along with Binance Smart Chain wallet to the airdrop form
- Each user will get equal share of a pool of 200,000,000 GSSIT
- SherpaX will conduct an airdrop of KSX to PCX holders – so hold PCX in a private wallet in you don’t already
- The snapshot of PCX holders will be taken will SherpaX is forked from ChainX
- A total of 10,500,000 KSX will be airdropped to eligible PCX holders
- The airdrop ratio is expected to be 1:1 before PCX halving and 1:0.9 after PCX halving
- The distribution will happen sometime in June 2021
- Visit the DoRen airdrop form
- Join the Telegram channel
- Follow on socials like Twitter, Facebook and Medium
- Download the DoRen app
- Submit your DRE wallet details
- Get $5 worth of DRE token