Another week, another crypto guide. We understand it may, sometimes, become overwhelming to keep up with the fast-paced and always-changing cryptocurrency sphere. And it is because we understand your pain that we have bring to you this very concise yet informative cryptocurrency guide.
Highlights of the week
The top headlines of the week in the cryptocurrency industry are:
- The alt season is surging at Bitcoin is struggling to stabilize at $54,000 while Ethereum broke the $4,000 mark.
- Dogecoin is going literally to the moon as a Canadian manufactured, Geometric Energy Corporation is launching a payload funded by Dogecoin on SpaceX’s rocket to the moon. Dogecoin has, however, turned bearish as the “Doge father” – Elon Musk – told reporters he will not be posting any more pumping tweets for Doge.
- Citigroup, the financial services firm, is considering offering cryptocurrency exposure to clients because of increased demand. The firm will be another wall street behemoth to join the ranks along with JPMorgan Chase, Goldman Sachs, and others.
- Turkey has further strengthened its monitoring of cryptocurrency as a new policy had been announced. Under the new policy, crypto exchanges will have to report transactions above $1,200 to Federal Crimes Investigation Board
- China has set an example with its digital yuan. Kazakhstan, following China’s footsteps, has launched a public consultation on its potential central bank digital currency, the digital tenge.
- The Chinese digital currency poses a threat to the digital payment giants AliPay and WeChat Pay; however, AliPay has announced its support for the digital yuan as it announced to allow some users to incorporate their digital yuan in AliPay
- The IRS made use of its “John Doe” summons as a Californian court ordered Kraken to provide information about accounts with transactions over $20,000 in a year to the IRS
- A survey by Mastercard revealed that 40% of people plan on using cryptocurrency in the coming year.
Top Weekly Gainers
The cryptocurrency market continues to be largely bullish with a lot of coins giving out a phenomenal performance. We have compiled a list of the top performing coin of the week.
Shiba Inu (SHIB) is the coin that bags the first rank on the list. Shiba Inu has had a phenomenal 2,000% gains in the weekly timeframe. The cryptocurrency established its new all-time high at $0.0000388 a couple hours prior to publication. At the time of press, Shiba Inu is operating at a price level of $0.0000339. The price has increased by nearly 150% since the previous day with the daily trading volume up by nearly 500%.
The second top performer is Telcoin (TEL) with weekly gains of 226%. Telcoin has also recently established a newer all-time high at $0.064. At the time of press, the cryptocurrency stands at a price level of $0.056. Telcoin is ranked fifty-fifth in the market with the market capitalization of the coin rising. Telcoin is a decentralized cryptocurrency based on the blockchain of Ethereum.
Revain (REV) cryptocurrency has had 165% gains in the past week. At the time of press, Revain stands at a price of $0.035 with the price up by 170% since yesterday. The daily trading volume has also increased by nearly 300%. Revain is a platform for reviews of tokens based on Ethereum’s blockchain. The purpose of the review platform is for developers to receive feedback on their projects.
Bitcoin Diamond (BCD) is a hard fork of Bitcoin. The hard fork has achieved phenomenal performance with weekly gains of $142%. After establishing the 52-week high of $11.22, Bitcoin Diamond succumbed to bearish pressures with technicals turning down. At the time of press, the price of BCD stands at $6.54 – decreasing nearly 30% in the daily timeframe – while the daily trading volume has also decreased.
Ethereum Classic (ETC) is another hard fork that has captured the spotlight with its phenomenal performance. The cryptocurrency has had 95% gains in the past week. Ethereum Classic also established a new all-time high at $176 in the past week. At the time of writing, ETC stands at the price level of $104 with the price having decreased nearly 20% in the twenty-four hour timeframe while the daily trading volume has been increasing.
Top Weekly Losers
It is rarely ever sunshine and rainbows in the cryptocurrency market. Where on one hand some coins are surging, others are giving out their worst performances. Here are some of the top losers of the week to steer clear of:
The top loser of the week badge goes to BakeryToken (BAKE) with a loss of nearly 30% in the past week. BakeryToken is under bearish pressures ever since the cryptocurrency established its all-time high at $8.48 – two weeks prior. At the time of writing, BAKE coin’s price stands at $5.29. The price of the cryptocurrency has declined by 10% in the past twenty-four hours while the daily trading volume has decreased by 7%. BakeryToken is the native cryptocurrency of BakerySwap – the automated market maker.
Stacks (STX) is another top loser for the week with a weekly loss of 18%. The cryptocurrency, too, is under the grips of the bears after establishing its all-time high. At the time of writing, Stacks stand at a price level of $1.73. The price of the cryptocurrency has declined by 10% while the daily trading volume has increased by 40%. Stacks is a layer-1 blockchain solution meant to bring smart contract capability to the blockchain of Bitcoin.
Maker (MKR) has declined by 17% in the past week. Maker crypto is facing bearish divergence at the moment. At the time of writing, Maker was trading hands $4,866 apiece. The price of Maker coin has declined by 10% since the past day while the daily trading volume has increased by 20%. MKR is the native cryptocurrency of MakerDAO and Maker Protocol – decentralized organizations based on Ethereum’s blockchain. Maker had recently moved to full decentralization as the organization behind it handed over the complete authority to the community and announced to self-destruct.
Ravencoin (RVN) is another top loser for the week. The cryptocurrency has had weekly losses of 15%. The downward trend had begun for the coin after it established its all-time high at $0.23. At the time of writing, Ravencoin stands at a price level of $0.15. The price has declined by 10% since the previous day while the daily trading volume has increased by 50%. Ravencoin is a peer to peer network designed to facilitate the transfer of assets.
The final loser for the week is Crypto.com Coin (CRO). The coin has had weekly losses of 15%. Like most coins, CRO is also under bearish divergence as the market corrects itself to cool down after the establishment of the all-time high. CRO coin stands at a price of $0.155, at the time of publication. The price has declined by 15% while the daily trading volume has increased by nearly 80%. Crypto.com Coin is the native token of the payment, trading and financial services company – Crypto.com.
All-time High Coins
The dynamic market of cryptocurrencies sees coins establishing new all-time highs every day. It is a race with no finish line and surging cryptocurrencies can keep surging higher and higher.
Internet Computer (ICP) is the world’s first blockchain which runs at web speed with unlimited capacity. The project was launched recently by Dfinity. It also marks the third major innovation in the cryptocurrency sphere followed by Bitcoin and Ethereum. Just in a few days after its launch, ICP surged up the ranks of the market and currently stands at sevenths in terms of capitalization. At the time of writing, Internet Computer crypto was trading hands at $420 with its all-time high at $731. Being a new crypto, it has yet to be seen where the price discovery will lead the cryptocurrency but so far surges can be expected.
The second All-time high coin is Huobi Token (HT). Huobi Token stands at the all-time high price of $34, at the time of writing. The price of the cryptocurrency has increased by 20% in the past twenty-four hours while the daily trading volume has increased by 60%. The cryptocurrency is surging upwards and amidst the impulsive move, it can be expected to establish higher highs. The exchange-based token is the native token of the cryptocurrency exchange, Huobi.
GateChain (GT) coin is another top performer which has been surging – establishing new higher highs. At the time of writing, GateChain (GT) stands at an all-time high price of $9.37. With the technical for the cryptocurrency extremely bullish, it is expected to continue its upward hike. GateChain’s price has increased by 20% from yesterday with the daily trading volume up by nearly 10%. The GateChain blockchain is designed for the safety of assets. The blockchain offers safety even if private keys are compromised.
MX Token (MX) had been trending upwards since the beginning of February with periodic impulsive moves and pullbacks. However, recently the token embarked on a steep upward trend. At the time of writing, MX Token stands at the price level of $2.29 – which has also been established as the new all-time high. The price of the cryptocurrency has increased by 60% since yesterday with the daily trading volume surging by 180%. MX coin is the native token of MX trading platform.
LockTrip (LOC) is the final ATH coin. The cryptocurrency established its new all-time high at $10.64. At the time of writing, LockTrip stands at a price level of $9.65. LOC is the native token of LockTrip.com – a blockchain-based travel marketplace which allows users to save cost by eliminating middlemen.
Hot ICOs to Watch Out For
If you are looking into investing in a good project right from the beginning, we have got you covered. Here is a list of some of the good upcoming ICO projects:
Metis (METIS) project’s ICO is set to begin on May 13th. The fundraising goal is to raise $100,000 by the sale of 20,000 tokens each priced at $5. Metis is dedicated towards the seamless migration from Web 2.0 to Web 3.0. The project is a highly scalable, cost-friendly and efficient layer-2 solution. The platform will also support NFT marketplaces, DEX, DApps and various communities.
Mercurial Finance (MER) is a blockchain service. The ICO of the project will commence on May 13th. The project has a goal of raising $400,000 by the sale of 4,000,000 tokens each priced at $0.1. Mercurial Finance is aiming to build the first dynamic vaults for stable assets on the blockchain of Solana.
Pinknode (PNODE) project’s ICO is scheduled for May 14th. Pinknode’s goal is to raise $150,000 through the sale of 4,285,714 tokens at an ICO price of $0.035. Pinknode is based on the blockchain of Polkadot and is the first infrastructure-as-a-service project.
ArGoApp (ARGO) is another good ICO project which will be starting soon. The fundraising goal of the project is to raise $250,000 by selling 2,000,000 ARGO tokens each priced at $0.125. The ICO will start of May 12th. ArGo is a service-less app deployment platform based on the blockchain technology.
Solanium is a decentralized platform based on the blockchain of Solana. Solanium will introduce decentralized fundraising, governance voting and time-weighted token staking into the ecosystem of Solana. The ICO is set to start on May 14th with the fundraising goal of $1,000,000.
These are some of the top-rated ICO projects that are currently live:
Cryptofifa (FFA) is a football Gamefi platform based on non-fungible tokens. The ICO of the project will end on May 13th. The project’s aim is to raise $50,000 with the sale of 625,000 FFA tokens each priced at $0.08.
Polkarare (RARE) is another Web 3.0 project. Polkarare is designed to be an economy to trade, create and discover NFTs. There are 2,000,000 RARE tokens up for sale with an ICO price of $0.1.
TheForce trade (FOC) is another hot ICO project going on right now. TheForce Trade is a data aggregator designed specifically for DeFi and NFT. The aim of the project is to raise $300,000 through the sale of 1,000,000 FOC tokens each priced at $0.3.
ColdStack is a blockchain service that acts as a decentralized cloud storage aggregator. The project’s ICO will end in a couple of hours. ColdStack is aiming on raising $10,250,000. The ICO has raised $1,600,00 up till now.
Roseon finance is a hybrid solution which brings together aspects of decentralized finance and centralized finance. The project is currently active and has received $2,000,000.
Some of the high potential ICO projects that you missed:
- Peri Finance: A cross-chain synthetic issuance and derivatives exchange that raised $4,700,000
- Polylastic: An elastic finance aggregator powered by Binance Smart Chain which completed its fundraising goal of raising $830,000
- Dfyn is a multichain automated market maker or DEX which were able to raise $2,400,000
- Oiler Network is a protocol for trading and betting on changes in blockchain protocol parameters
- Ispolink is a platform powered by Binance Smart chain and Polygon. The project was able to raise $1,910,000
Here are some hot airdrops going on where you can try your lucky to win free cryptocurrencies:
COS Trading Competition
- Create an account on Binance
- New users with trading activity of 15,000 COS tokens or more in any trading pair of COS will share a prize of $10,000 COS
- The top twenty users in terms of trading volume will share a pool of $65,000 COS
- All users who trade in 400,000 COS or more will enter a lucky draw where 50 users will win $500 COS each
Deposit EUR to win Dogecoin
- Create an account on Binance and complete KYC verification
- Deposit 100 EUR through bank deposit of make 100 EUR crypto purchase with credit/debit card
- 800 winners will be selected each day while the activity lasts and each winner will win 5 EUR worth of Dogecoin
Trading Binance Futures
- Create an account on Binance
- Register on this link
- Complete daily futures trading volume of over 0 USDT to get a lucky draw ticket for a lucky box
- Continue to win more lucky draw tickets
- If you are lucky enough you may win Binance limited edition NFT
- Visit Sollanium airdrop page
- Connect your Sollet wallet and verify it
- Link your Telegram and enter email address
- You get one ticket
- Airdrop pool of 1,000,000 SLIM will be distributed proportional to the number of tickets held.
- Visit Morpher airdrop page
- Claim your free crypto
- Connect your Fortmatic wallet and confirm email address
- Complete KYC verification
- Claim 100 MPH by clicking on “Redeem Tokens”