Another week, another guide. The dynamic cryptocurrency market has seen some major developments but worry not! We have got you covered. In this guide we will take you through the ups and downs of the market so you are able to make better informed decisions regarding your investments.
Highlights of the week
- Bitcoin bearish market sentiment appeared to shift as the coin reached for $60k but the bears have taken control once again as BTC stands at $56,153 at the time of press – down 3% in the previous twenty-four hours.
- Ethereum shocked the crypto sphere with a new all-time high at $3,450. The cryptocurrency is operating above the $3,000 mark.
- The surging Ethereum has made its co-founder Vitalik Buterin a crypto billionaire – some claiming the youngest self-made crypto billionaire.
- One of the oldest crypto exchanges Bitstamp has announced expansion plans in the US
- There has been a high inflow of investment into the cryptocurrency world. Paxos – the regulated blockchain infrastructure – has received $300 million in a funding round. German securities marketplace Deutsche Boerse together with Commerzbank had announced investment of $12 million into a new crypto venture, 360X
- Thailand’s Anti Money Laundering Office has announced a new in-person verification for KYC in order to curb rampant new account creation on crypto exchanges
- An opinion poll revealed that a major chunk of South Korean population supports the 20% gains tax on cryptocurrency profits
- Coinbase has announced to acquire a data analytics platform, Skew, to avail real-time data to users for better decision making
- The Bank of England has not made any decisions regarding its CBDC but it has started recruiting for the project
Top Weekly Gainers
We have compiled a list of cryptocurrencies that have shocked and rocked the cryptocurrency market with their phenomenal performance the past week. Although the cryptocurrency market is highly volatile and cryptocurrencies can reach highs and lows in a matter of seconds, these are the coins that have been performing consistently well throughout the week.
BakeryToken (BAKE) crypto bags the first position on the top performing coins’ list. BAKE crypto has observed phenomenal gains of 410% in the past week. The cryptocurrency is priced at $7.18 and the uptrend is going strong. During the past twenty-four hours, the price of BakeryToken has decreased by 6% while the trading volume has dropped by 50%. Currently ranked at 84th in the market, the capitalization of the coin has also decreased by 5%. The four-hourly technical indicators of BakeryToken shows the market sentiment to be bullish. BakeryToken is part of the automated market maker BakerySwap’s ecosystem.
The second top performer of the week is Okb (OKB). The cryptocurrency saw gains of 126% in the past week. At the time of press, OKB coin is trading hands $40.75 apiece; however, the price has observed a slight downturn in the past twenty-four hours. The daily trading volume of OKB has increased by nearly 70%. OKB coin established its all-time high at $44 a day ago and is now under minor retracements. The cryptocurrency operates on Ethereum’s blockchain.
Venus (XVS) is another top performer of the week with weekly gains of 81%. At the time of publication, XVS coin stands at $129. The price of the coin is moving upwards in the daily timeframe while the trading volume has fallen by nearly 50%. Venus crypto has been on an uptrend since the last week of April. The cryptocurrency also established its all-time high at $137. Venus operates on Binance Smart Chain and is a money market and a synthetic stablecoin protocol.
Waves (WAVES) has had weekly gains of 77%. At the time of writing, Waves stand at a price level of $39. Wave crypto is on a steep upward trend – establishing new all-time highs. Wave coin established its all-time high at $41. The price of the coin has gone up by 60% in the past twenty-four hours while the daily trading volume has increased by a whopping 650%. Waves is a multi-purpose blockchain that supports smart contracts and decentralized apps.
Ethereum Classic (ETC), the hard fork of Ethereum, if the final top performer of the week. ETC coin has had 60% gains in the weekly timeframe. At the time of press, ETC stands at a price level of $53. The price has increased by 14% in the past twenty-four hours while the daily trading volume went up by 70%.
Top Weekly Losers
Now, to take a look at the other side of the coin. The brutal cryptocurrency is as unforgiving as they come. Any coin can make it to the worst performing coins’ list. Some of the top losers for the week that have given persistent bad performance throughout the whole week are listed below.
Dent (DENT) cryptocurrency takes the first rank at the worst performing coins’ list. The top loser of the week has observed loses of around 17% in the past week. The coin had been under market retracements after establishing the 52-week high and although Dent tries to break out of the bearish momentum, it appears the crypto was unsuccessful. During press, Dent stands at $0.010. The price of Dent cryptos declines by 7% in the past twenty-four hours while the trading volume has increased by 63%. Dent is a digital mobile operator.
Horizen (ZEN) is the second worst performing coin of the week with weekly loses of 15%. Horizen is under market corrections after the coin established all-time high at $138. At the time of press, Horizen stands at a price level of $114. The price of the coin has declined by 5% in the past twenty-four hours while the trading volume has gone up by 60%. Horizen is an interoperable blockchain system.
Terra (LUNA) has declined by 11% in the past week – making it one of the worst performing coins of the week. Terra coin established it all-time high a month ago at $22. The coin has been under the control of bears ever since. At the time of press, Terra coin stands at a price of $17. The price has declined by 5% during the past day while the daily trading volume has increased by 30%. Terra blockchain aims to make the global payment system price-stable by utilizing fiat-backed stablecoins.
Klaytn (KLAY) has gone down by 10% in the previous week. Klaytn crypto has been on a downward roll ever since the coin established its all-time high at $4.25 a month ago. At the time of writing, KLAY coin stands at $2.40 with the price decreasing the daily timeframe. The daily trading volume has increased by 20%. Klaytn blockchain combines the best features of private and public blockchains to give users the best experience.
BitTorrent (BTT) is the final loser of the week with a decline of 7%. BitTorrent, too, is under major market retracements. The bulls have overtaken the market since the all-time high of $0.012 was formed by BTT coin during the beginning of April. At the time of writing, BTT stands at $0.006. The price of the coin has decreased by 5% during the day while the trading volume has increased by 66%.
All-time High Coins
In the highly volatile market of cryptocurrencies where a split second can result in tumbling lows, every day new cryptocurrencies reach for the top of the market as well and establish new all-time highs. Here are some of the coins that have established new all-time highs recently.
Dogecoin (DOGE) the meme cryptocurrency supported by Elon Musk has shocked the crypto sphere wit its performance. Dogecoin has been on a steep upward trend with no signs of the market cooling down anytime soon. At the time of press, Dogecoin stands at $0.45 – the new all-time high price. The price of the cryptocurrency has gone up by 17% during the previous twenty-four hours while the daily trading volume has shot up by 150%. Dogecoin stands at 5th in the market with a capitalization of $58 billion.
THORChain (RUNE) is another ATH coin with the new all-time high at $18.79. At the time of press, THORChain coin was standing at a price of $18.05. The price of the cryptocurrency has increased by 17% in the past twenty-four hours while the daily trading volume has shot up by 350%. THORChain is a decentralized liquidity protocol which facilitates the exchange of digital assets.
Nexo (NEXO) cryptocurrency has been on an upward trend ever since the bull run began in January. Nexo has been establishing higher highs and higher lows ever since. The cryptocurrency established a new all-time high at $3.92. At the time of press, Nexo stands at 43.70. The price of the cryptocurrency has declined by 4% while the trading volume has increased by 50% during the past day. Nexo is a lending platform that uses cryptocurrency-backed loans on the blockchain.
LockTrip (LOC) cryptocurrency stands at a price level of $10, at the time of press. The new all-time high of the cryptocurrency is at $10.12. The price of LockTrip crypto has gone up by 10% while the trading volume has declined by 25%. LockTrip is a travel marketplace based on the blockchain. The aim of the platform is to completely revolutionize the travel industry.
Kleros (PNK) is the final all-time high coin of our list. At the time of press, Kleros stood at a price level of $0.24 – the new ATH price. The price of Kleros has observed an increase of 7% while the daily trading volume has gone up by 70%. The cryptocurrency has been highly volatile since 2020 with major impulsive moves and pullbacks. Kleros is a dispute resolution project on the blockchain.
Hot ICOs to Watch Out For
ICO is a great opportunity to get involved in a project before it even goes live to maximize your returns. However, as ICOs are risky, they involve a great deal of research. We have compiled a list of top rated ICOs for you to research on if you believe in the project’s vision.
Dfyn Network is a multichain automated market maker. The decentralized exchange (DEX) is aiming to build an interconnected AMM with nodes operating on multiple blockchains. This will enable cross-chain swaps and well as sharing of liquidity across AMMs. The project’s fundraising goal is $305,500 through the sale of 3,250,000 tokens at a price of $0.094. The ICO is set to start on May 10th – in 6 days.
Mercurial Finance ICO’s is set to begin on May 13th. The project aims to raise $400,000 by selling 4,000,000 tokens priced at $0.1. Mercurial Finance is working on building the first dynamic vaults for stable assets. The project will be based on the blockchain of Solana.
Smartlink (SMAK) is a decentralized escrow platform to be built for Web 3.0. The platform will be based on the blockchain of Tezos and will security and scalability with low fees. TheICO of the project is set to start on May 5th. The goal of Smartlink ICO is to raise $2,000,000 through the sale of 200,000,000 tokens priced at $0.1.
Relite Finance is another top-rated ICO. The ICO will begin on May 17th which gives you ample time to get to know the project. The ICO goal is to raise $507,708 through the sale of 11,248,000 tokens at an ICO price of $0.045. Relite Finance is a cross-chain lending platform which combines the borrowing and lending of all crypto assets.
TheForce Trade ICO starts in a couple of hours from the time of press. The goal of the project is to raise $100,000 through the sale of 333,333 tokens at an ICO price of $0.3. TheForce Trade is a data aggregator built especially for NFTs and DeFi.
If you don’t feel like waiting for a while to invest in an ICO project then we have got you covered. We also have a list of currently active ICOs that you can get into right away.
Lever is an AMM based margin trading platform based on the blockchain of Ethereum. The platform will enable users to earn interest on leveraged trades. The ICO’s fundraising aim is to raise $270,000 through the sale of 730,000 tokens at an ICO price of $0.5.
Globe is a cryptocurrency derivatives exchange where digital currencies are traded via perpetual futures contracts. The ICO sale is to end in a day. The fundraising goal of the project is $4,750,000 with one token (GDT) priced at $1.
Launchpool is a platform designed to connect various stakeholders of the cryptocurrency industry in order to increase knowledge and resource exchange. The token sale is set to end in 18 days.
B-cube.ai is a marketplace for cryptocurrency trading bots. The project’s goal is to raise $3,750,000 through the sale of 8,000,000 tokens priced at $0.15. B-cube.ai has already completed 40% of its fundraising goal and the ICO is to end in 53 days.
Peri Finance is a cross-chain synthetic issuance and derivatives exchange protocol based on the blockchain of Polkadot. The project has received $4,700,000.
• Here are some of the good ICO projects that you have missed:
• Maple: A decentralized corporate credit market that received $11,000,000
• NFT Alley: A one-stop-shop for NFTs that received $1,000,000
• XCAD Network: A global platform for NFTs based on Zilliqia which raised 1,000,000
• NAOS Finance: A permission-less platform for DeFi lenders and SME borrowers which received $5,400,000
• Equilibrium: A cross-chain money market that received $4,000,000
Who doesn’t love free cryptocurrencies, right? Here are some hot airdrops going on right now that you can participate in to try your luck at winning some free cryptocurrencies:
Liquid Swap Trading Competition
- Create an account on Binance
- The top ten traders with the highest trading volume in eligible liquidity pools (UNI/BNB, UNI/BTC, COMP/BTC, SUSHI/BNB, SUSHI/BTC) on Binance Liquid Swaps will get to share 30,000 BUSD
- Create an account on Binance and complete KYC verification
- Create and account on Coinmarketcap
- Create a FIO wallet
- Answer the questions in this quiz
- Successful completion of the quiz will be rewarded with 20 FIO tokens
- The answer to the quiz questions can be found here
- Create an account on Binance
- New account users who trade 1,000 RIF or more will share a pool of $5,000 worth of RIF tokens
- Users with minimum trading volume of 1,000 will enter a pool of $45,000 in RIF
CDT Trading Competition
- Create an account on Binance
- New users who trade 5000 or more CDT will enter to share a pool of $10,000 in CDT
- The top ten traders with the highest trading volume will get to share $30,000 CDT
- Users with a trading volume of 46,000 CDT will be eligible for a lucky draw where twenty lucky winners will get $500 CDT each
- Create an account on Cake DeFi
- Verify your email and log in
- Complete your KYC verification
- Deposit any currency worth $50
- Users who have signed up using the referral link will receive $30, otherwise $20.