We are back with your guide to the cryptocurrency sphere. The brutal market of cryptocurrencies is not easy to navigate but our guide is a must-have to get a clearer idea of the market and its recent developments.
Highlights of the week
- Bitcoin made a strong comeback after suffering from market retracements with price falling below $50k. The king of the market is now operating around $55k but it is the altcoins that are flourishing.
- Despite the controversy facing the stablecoin Tether, it has managed to get listed on Coinbase – the leading cryptocurrency exchange.
- Binance has launched a new product, tokenized stocks, which had been under European regulators scrutiny. Binance is offering tokenized versions of Tesla, Coinbase, Microstrategy, Apple & Microsoft.
- Uniswap’s third iteration is set to launch on May 5 – which will make it “the most flexible AMM ever.”
- Amidst lawsuit troubles, XRP’s assets under management has nearly doubled with the price of the cryptocurrency stable above $1.
Updates from throughout the globe:
- An ASEAN Blockchain Consortium has been formed by authorities from Thailand, Singapore, Australia, Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines to promote blockchain technology.
- Chinese institutions are promoting the government’s digital yuan with full force. The dominance of WeChat Pay and AliPay is expected to collapse soon.
- South Korea’s crackdown on cryptocurrencies is going strong as authorities in Seoul confiscated $22 million worth of cryptocurrencies from tax delinquents.
- The new prime minister nominee of South Korea may go easy on the cryptocurrency lock down as he ensures there will be no victims of the 20% tax to be imposed on cryptocurrency gains.
- UK bank NatWest has announced the refusal of service to clients who primarily deal in cryptocurrency. Another bank HSBC had also issued a similar statement earlier.
- Australian Securities & Exchange Commission’s stance on crypto regulation had been debated to be too weak as the country has seen a spike in cryptocurrency scams.
- Dubai Multi Commodity Centre has initiated the largest precious metal refinery which is to be backed by blockchain technology.
Top Weekly Gainers
A new week means we have new coins getting to the top performers’ lists with phenomenal growth. Here are the five top-performing coins that you need to watch out for
Polygon (MATIC) bags the first rank for the top performing coin in the weekly timeframe. The cryptocurrency has had observed a phenomenal 82% gains in the previous week. Polygon is also operating at its all-time high price of $0.59. Polygon is the first easy-to-use platform for Ethereum scaling. The network has recently entered into partnerships with Cent and Quadrant which may have contributed to the performance of the cryptocurrency.
Waves (WAVES) stands at a price level of $21.47, at the time of press, which is also the new all-time high established by the cryptocurrency. Waves has experienced 74% gains in the past week. The cryptocurrency has been on an uptrend since August 2020. Waves is a multi-purpose blockchain but its recent surge in performance has been because of the NFT craze.
Compound (COMP) has weekly gains of 62%. The cryptocurrency also established its all-time high at $687 – currently standing at the price level of $678, at the time of press. The price of cryptocurrency has gone up by 10% in the past 24 hours. Compound is a DeFi lending platform where users can earn interest on depositing their cryptocurrencies.
PancakeSwap (CAKE) stands at fourth on our list with weekly gains of 51%. The decentralized exchange has been gaining increasingly popularity. PancakeSwap has been on an upward trajectory since February 2021. The cryptocurrency also established its all-time high at $34.84 – standing at $33, at the time of press.
The final cryptocurrency that has made it to our list is Dent (DENT). Dent has had 50% gains in the past week. The cryptocurrency is under bullish pressures with the price going up by 30% in the past 24 hours while the trading volume increased by nearly 90%. Dent is a mobile operator based on the blockchain which offers many services like Esims etc. and plans to increase its offerings even more.
Top Weekly Losers
The brutal market of cryptocurrencies is unforgiving. some of the cryptocurrencies that have suffered from immense losses this week and have made it to our top losers’ list are:
Dogecoin (DOGE), the meme coin and Elon Musk’s favorite cryptocurrency is often debated to have no intrinsic value of its own and only enjoys the support of celebrity-figures. Dogecoin is the worst performing cryptocurrency of the week with losses of 33%. The cryptocurrency currently stands at $0.27, at the time of writing. While the price has gone up by 2% in the past 24 hours, the trading volume has declined by nearly 40%.
The second loser of the week is Ontology (ONT). The cryptocurrency has declined by 14% in the past week; however, Ontology appears to be reversing its trajectory. The price of $1.70 had been achieved after an increase of 10% and the daily trading volume has also gone up by 10%. The Ontology blockchain is specializing in digital identity and data.
Stacks (STX) observed a 12% decline in the past week. The price of the cryptocurrency stands at $2.23, at the time of press, – which has increased by 13% in the past 24 hours while the daily trading volume has increased by 30%. The cryptocurrency appears to be recovering from bearish pullbacks currently. Stacks is a layer-1 solution which aims to bring decentralized app compatibility to Bitcoin
Qtum (QTUM) suffered from a 12% loss in the past week, making it to our top losers’ list. At the time of publication, Qtum stands at a price level of $14.75. The price of the cryptocurrency has increased by 10% while the daily trading volume has gone up by 7%. Qtum blockchain aims to combine the strengths of Ethereum and Bitcoin to one chain.
VeChain (VET) is the final loser of the week with a loss of 12%. At the time of press, VeChain is trading hands $0.20 apiece. The price of the cryptocurrency has gone up by 4% in the previous day while the daily trading volume has decreased by 10%. The block-chain enabled supply chain platform is suffering from market pullbacks after it established a new all-time high the previous week.
All-time High Coins
The notoriously volatile market of cryptocurrency promises overnight double-digit gains. Cryptocurrencies gain an all-time high and crash all the time. Here are a few cryptocurrencies that have established new all-time highs recently.
Uniswap (UNI) established its new all-time high at $40. At the time of press, the cryptocurrency stands at $39. The price has increased by 10% in the past 24 hours while the daily trading volume has decreased by 20%. Uniswap has a ranking of 9th in terms of market capitalization as the decentralized exchange (DEX) had gained popularity in the bull run. Uniswap has become an integral part of the DeFi ecosystem.
FirstBlood (1st) has been performing really well which is why it is being featured once again. The cryptocurrency stands at a new all-time high of $8.21. The price has increased by nearly 50% in the past 24 hours while the daily trading volume has shot up by a whopping 700%. FirstBlood cryptocurrency operates on the Ethereum blockchain.
Serum (SRM) is our third all-time high coin with the new all-time high at $11.17. At the time of press, the cryptocurrency stands at a price of $10.53 – which has increased by 10% in the daily timeframe while the daily trading volume has surged up by 100%. Serum is a decentralized exchange (DEX) built on the blockchain of Solana.
Raydium (RAY) broke its all-time high with the new record at $14.28. The price of the cryptocurrency has increased by 25% in the past 24 hours while the trading volume has surged up by 100%. Raydium is another automated market maker (AMM) or, commonly known as, decentralized exchange. Raydium is built on top of Solana.
The final all-time high coin is Dero (DERO). Dero established its new all-time high at $9.54. at the time of writing, the price of the coin stands at $9.28. The price has increased by nearly 30% in the daily timeframe while the trading volume has gone up by 50%. Dero claims to be the first cryptocurrency that has combined DAG and proof of work mechanism to give completely anonymous transactions.
Hot ICOs to Watch Out For
An ICO is a good way to maximize your returns on a new project. Here are some of the top-rated ICO’s set to start soon. Research on the projects that sound most interesting to you and get investing!
Maple is a decentralized corporate credit market. Borrowers are offered financing on blockchain efficiently with transparency while lenders of funds get a sustainable yield source by investing into diversified pools of crypto institutions. The network is governed by Maple Token (MPL). Experienced investors, known as Poll Delegates, are responsible for the management of Liquidity Pools. The ICO is set to on April 28.
XFai is an autonomous liquidity management smart contract set which targets tokens that have a low trading volume and market capitalization. The token, XFIT, will allow crypto holders to earn returns on “small cap” coins. The ICO of the project is set to begin on April, 29.
BENQI (QI) is a liquidity market protocol that allows users to borrow, lend and earn interest on their digital assets. The token sale starts on April 28. The project has a fundraising goal of 504,000,000 with the price of one QI token equal to $0.009.
UnoRe is designed to be the world’s first reinsurance platform. The project will be powered by Polkadot and will allow users to invest and maximize their returns through one of the safest asset class. The platform will also enable the community to design innovative insurance products. UnoRe has a fundraising goal of $200,000 and the token sale will start on April 28.
Relite Finance is a cross-chain lending platform which will utilize the blockchains of Ethereum and Polkadot. The focus of the project is on increasing cross-chain interoperability and lower fees for users.
These are some of the active ICOs currently going on to get right into investing if you do not want to wait for upcoming projects:
Refinable is a platform designed to create, discover, trade and leverage digital content on the blockchain. The project’s aim is to speed up the adoption of NFTs by being the go-to platform for all- things related to NFTs. The project has a fundraising goal of $180,000 and ends on April 28.
Standard Protocol aims to be a reserve bank with decentralized governance. The platform will issue a stablecoin backed 1 to 1 by US Dollars. The fundraising goal of the project is $325,000 and the total tokens up for sale are 1,300,000 STND. The project’s ICO will end on April, 28.
Integral (ITGR) is a decentralized exchange or DEX. The team consists of veterans from the DeFi community with some coming from Harvard. The aim of the project is to build the final decentralized exchange. The token sale is expiring tomorrow.
Launchpool is a platform designed to connect all of the various stakeholders of the cryptocurrency community. The platform will serve as a bridge for knowledge and skill transfer in order to facilitate learning and innovation in the cryptocurrency sphere. The token sale end on May, 21.
Equilibrium protocol is introducing a cross-chain money market which will combine pooled lending and synthetic asset generation. The project has been able to raise $4,000,000 of the total $30,000,000. The token sale ends in two days.
Here are some of the good projects that you missed investing in:
- Blockswap protocol aims to bring fixed income products to the blockchain. The project received $2,500,000
- Mochi. Market is a decentralized NFT exchange ecosystem which will be launched on Binance Smart Chain
- BSC Station protocol’s goal is to design a full-stack DeFi with NFT auction on top of the Binance Smart Chain
- Melalie is a peer-to-peer mobility marketplace. The project received $2,200,000
- Saito – a network that enables users to run DApps without any plugins on their browser. The project received $2,400,000
Who doesn’t love free stuff especially free cryptocurrencies, right? Here is a list of some of the hottest airdrops going on right now.
HYDRA is airdropping 18,585,932 HYDRA tokens to HRC-20 LOC holders over a year
- To be eligible, hold HRC-20 LOC tokens in your Hydra wallet
- A snapshot will be taken every week and 2% of the total airdrop will be distributed
- KYC verification is also needed for eligibility
- Create your account on Cake Defi
- Log in and verify your KYC
- Deposit $50 worth of any currencies
- Receive $30 DFI coins by using this link for the sign up
- Each referral will be rewarded with $10
Binance organizes quite a few airdrops with some hefty amounts. Here are some of them:
Binance pool giveaway
- Create an account on Binance
- New users who enter Binance Pool and contribute on average 100TH/s of BTC hashrate daily will get to share 10,000 BUSD
ALICE trading competition
- Create an account on Binance
- New users during the event period who trade at least 70 ALICE will get a chance to win a share of $10,000 worth of ALICE
- The top 20 users with the highest trading volume will get to share $35,000 worth of ALICE tokens
- Users with trading volume of more than 1,500 ALICE tokens will enter a luckydraw were ten winners will be selected on random to win $500 worth of tokens
GBP trading competition
- Create an account on Binance
- Top ten users with the highest trading volume in GBP pairs will get to share 40,000 GBP
- The following top ninety will share 10,000 GBP
- To be eligible, users need to have a minimum of 500 GBP trading volume