We are back with yet another exciting and informative guide to the cryptocurrency market for the week. Here are some major developments that took place in the highly volatile and dynamic market:
- Bitcoin established a new all-time high at $64,500 but, subsequently, suffered from a hard fall to $53,000. Ethereum, following suit with Bitcoin, established a new all-time high at $2,530 but crashed to $2,057.
- The Bitcoin’s hard crash has been attributed by some to a fall in the hashrate of the cryptocurrency as Xinjiang – which accounts for one fourth of the global hash – suffered from power outages
- Bitcoin funding rate has crashed to a record low level in seven months – at -0.03% – indicating fear in the market
- The IRS hold responsible cryptocurrencies for a gap of $1 trillion in revenue collection and has launched a crackdown to get access to taxpayers’ information with John Doe summons
- World Economic Forum’s head of blockchain and digital assets, Sheila Warren, has warned of strict regulations while a Bank of America survey reveals 75% of professional investors regard the cryptocurrency boom to be a bubble
- Celsius Network suffered from an email breach for which a third party was responsible. The breach resulting in as much as $300,000 lost to phishing scams
The cryptocurrency sphere around the world:
- South Korea continues to tighten its grip on cryptocurrencies as they are said to account for a majority of tax evasion and money laundering in the country
- Chinese regulators have taken a sharp turn in their stance on cryptocurrencies. After crackdowns, China is now regarding cryptocurrencies as a viable investment tool
- The Indonesian government has given its seal of approval to a gold-backed digital currency which is Shariah compliant
- Australian regulators’ aim is to harbor an inclusive environment for the cryptocurrency sphere but crypto firms have complaints about the strict and vague regulation and guidelines
- Turkey has imposed a ban on cryptocurrency payments with around two weeks’ time given to crypto holders to clear out their accounts.
Top Weekly Gainers
In a market where coins go reach to the moon and then crash badly all in a spur of a moment, another week in the booming market has seen some new coins climbing up the ranks. The top gainers for the week are:
Dogecoin (DOGE) has all eyes on it ever since the cryptocurrency started surging upwards. Elon Musk, the Dogeking, has been actively using his Twitter to propel the coin upwards. Dogecoin established been breaking its all-time high records with a nearly 500% increase in the weekly timeframe. At the time of press, Dogecoin stands at a price level of $0.41.
VeChain (VET) stands at second place of the top performing cryptocurrencies of the week. The growth of the cryptocurrency is largely attributed to the real-world adoption of its supply chain solution and platform. VeChain has announced various enterprise level partnerships in the past week. VeChain is up by 70% in the weekly timeframe and stands at a price level of $0.23 at the time of press.
Ethereum Classic (ETC) is another top performer of the week. The hard fork of Ethereum supports smart contracts as well as decentralized apps. Ethereum Classic established a 52-week high at $44 – skirting close to its all-time high of $49. The cryptocurrency has grown by 65% in the past week.
Neo (NEO) coin has also established a 52-week high at $119. At the time of press, the coin stands at a price of $103 but overall the performance of Neo throughout the week had been phenomenal. Neo coin went up by 64% in the past week. The aim of the Neo foundation is to become the next generation of the internet where digitized payments, identities and assets are integrated for an all-inclusive ecosystem.
Siacoin (SC) – the native token of the blockchain-based decentralized cloud storage platform – had been soaring throughout the week. With a 52-week high of $0.040 established, the cryptocurrency grew by 59% in the past week.
Top Weekly Losers
The week had been as brutal as it had been kind. While some cryptocurrencies continued to benefit from the market boom, others crashed. Here are the top losers of the week that you should probably steer clear of:
The worst performing coin for the week is KuCoin Token (KCS). The coin fell by a staggering 36% in the past week. After establishing its 52-week high at $19 in the beginning of April, the coin has started off on a downward trend. The price of the profit sharing token fell by 15% in the twenty-four hour timeframe while the daily trading volume decreased by 22%. At the time of press, KuCoin Token stands at $11.51.
Dent (DENT) is another top loser for the week with a decrease of 32%. Dent has been on a majorly downwards trend with minor upside fluctuations after the 52-week high of $0.02 was recorded. The price has decreased by 17% in the past twenty-four hours while the trading volume has gone down by nearly 10%. Dent utilizes the block chain technology for mobile data liberalization.
Ox (ZRX) is an infrastructure protocol which enables users to easily trade assets on Ethereum. Ox had been one of the worst performing coins of the week with a decrease in value of 31%. On a downward trajectory, Ox has decreased by 13% in the 24-hour window. The price of the coin started falling after it established a 52-week high $2.40 which nearly broke the all-time high at $2.53.
Elrond (EGLD) established its all-time high at $229 in the previous week but had been suffering from market corrections ever since – making it a top loser for the week. At the time of press, Elrond stands at a price of $161 which has decreased by 15% in the past 24 hours. Elrond protocol utilizes sharding which enables it to have an extremely fast transaction speed.
Near Protocol (NEAR) recorded its all-time high at $7.57 during March but had been unsuccessful in maintaining the price level ever since with various tries to break the record high. The past week had been even worse for Near as it sharply fell. At the time of publication, Near Protocol stands at a price of $4.80 – a fall of 7% in the past 24-hours.
All-time High Coins
With a new week in, new cryptocurrencies have established record highs. The crypto market continues to boom. Here is a list of some of the cryptocurrencies that have managed to established new all-time highs.
FirstBlood (1ST) has portrayed phenomenal performance in the past couple of days. The cryptocurrency went up by around 120% in the past 24 hours and established a new all-time high at $6.63. the daily trading volume has also shot up by nearly 600%. The FirstBlood cryptocurrency operates on the Ethereum platform.
PhoenixDAO (PHNX) increased by 40% in the twenty four hour time frame and established a new all-time high at $0.25. The cryptocurrency had been on an upward trend with minor retracements since February. The daily trading volume of PhoenixDAO has also gone up by 200%.
Dogecoin (DOGE) has stolen the limelight as it has been soaring which is why it has also managed to enter the ATH list for the week. The cryptocurrency started moving upwards a few days back after a tweet from Elon Musk. The tweet depicted a meme with a dog looking towards the moon. Dogecoin has skyrocketed ever since. It is standing at an all-time high current price of $0.40. The meme crypto has a market ranking of fifth in terms of capitalization and the upward trajectory appears to continue for a while.
VeChain (VET) has been giving phenomenal performance throughout the week and also established a new all-time high at $0.26; hence, entered the ATH list as well. Although the coin has went down by 13% in the past 24 hours – currently standing at $0.22. The daily trading volume of $3,496,353,007 has also decreased by 25%. The blockchain powered supply chain platform entered into multiple enterprise-level partnerships which enabled the coin to reach new highs.
Solana (SOL) had been on a steady upward trajectory since the beginning of the new year. The cryptocurrency achieved a new all-time high at $30.70. at the time of press, SOL stands at a price of $30.47 and keeping in mind the previous price developments, Solana can be expected to reach higher. The daily trading volume of the coin has increased by 15%.
Hot ICOs to Watch Out For
A good way to get involved in cryptocurrency projects is by investing in Initial Coin Offerings. ICOs may help you maximize your returns. We have compiled a list of good upcoming projects that you can explore on your own for investing.
BSCStation is a blockchain service built on Binance Smart Chain. The aim of the project is to become the infrastructure for decentralized finance and NFTs on Binance Smart Chain. The token sale starts in 20 hours and 3,000,000 tokens will be put up for sale with one BSCS token priced at $0.01.
Busy is another good ICO project with decent potential. Busy is a blockchain built for e-commerce platforms. The blockchain platform will primarily be for freelancers but will be open to everyone. The token sale is set to start in 22 hours – at the time of press. The project has a fundraising goal of $100,000.
Showcase is a social platform where users can collect and trade non-fungible tokens. The token sale is set to begin of April, 22. The platform is designed to connect influencers and fans through NFTs. As NFTs are on the rise, this project may have a lot of potentials that can be leveraged right before its initiation.
Saito is an open network which aims to provide web3 to users. Saito was also the grant recipient of WEB3 Foundation. The self-sustaining network allows blockchain applications to be run directly in users’ browsers. The ICO of the project will begin on April 22.
Benqi (QI) is a decentralized non-custodial liquidity market protocol based on Avalanche – the blockchain network for interoperability. The fundraising goal of the project is $4,536,000 and the ICO will start on April, 28.
If you do not want to wait for new projects, then you can also just straight into investing in ICOs that are already active. Here are some of the top-rated active ICOs currently going on:
Student Coin (STC) is one of the hottest active ICOs. The token has been giving a phenomenal performance with various investors speculating the project is going to explode. The aim of the project is to educate people on cryptocurrencies. The fundraising goal of the project is $21,000,000 with the token priced at $0.036. The ICO is to end on April 30.
Blockswap Protocol’s aim is to bring fixed income products to DeFi assets. Users will benefit from the fixed income products as they have lesser risk and better long-term returns. The token sale will end in two days and the project has managed to collect $2,500,000.
Equilibrium Protocol is the first decentralized interoperable money market. The cross chain market united all DeFi products into one place. Users can lend, borrow, trade and stake DeFi assets. The ICO is set to end in four days. The project has collected $2,500,000 out of the total $30,000,000 fundraising goal.
AlienWorlds is the largest decentralized app. The game is a simulated economy where players have to compete for a scarce resource which magnifies powers. The ICO of the project is ending in 16 days with $2,000,000 collected up till now.
LaunchPool is a platform that aims to connect various agents of the crypto community which will result in knowledge sharing and meaningful partnerships. The ICO is set to end in 32 days.
Here are some projects that did really well in the ICO phase:
- DeHive – an index of top DeFi project which managed to raise $4,980,000
- UniFarm is a staking solution with the aim to provide value to users from the best DeFi projects
- KelVPN is a decentralized VPN which raised $2,250,000
- DisBalancer – a decentralized load balancer which raised $100,000
- Acala Network: The governance token of the network, Acala, managed to raise $31,500,000
We have compiled a list of some of the got airdrops going on that you can participate in to get a chance to win free cryptocurrencies.
- Visit the Aladdin exchange homepage and register
- Receive 100 TNC when you successfully verify your account (level 3 verification)
- Users can also receive 20 TNC for each referral
- Participate in the $1,000,000simulated trading event to win up to $100,000
DeFi Chain Airdrop
- Register on Cake DeFi
- Verify your account & log in
- Complete KYC verification
- After a deposit of $50, receive $30 worth of DFI coin if you have used this link else you will receive $20
- Users will also receive $10 for each referral
Binance organizes quite a few airdrops with some hefty amounts. Here are some of them:
INJ trading promotion
- Create an account on Binance
- Refer your friends to register on Binance or trade INJ across qualifies INJ spot and margin trading pairs
- The first 100 users will receive $500 worth of INJ tokens
DUSK trading competition
- Create an account on Binance
- The first 50 users to at least trade 1,200 DUSK in any trading will automatically enter a sharing pool of $10,000 DUSK
- An additional 50 users will be selected who have a trading volume of more than 2,500 to receice $500 DUSK each
Trade FIL and win
- Create an account on Binance
- Deposit at least 20 FIL into your account and win a chance to enter a sharing pool of $20,000 FI;
- The top ten users with the highest trading volume will be selected to get up to $20,000 FIL